- Vision: to achieve equitable health and well-being for our Hispanic community
- Mission: strengthen the Nation’s capacity to increase the Hispanic health workforce and advance the health of Hispanics
- Increase the Hispanic health workforce
- Serve as a comprehensive Hispanic health science education resource
- Advance Hispanic health research
HSHPS has successfully trained over 900 health professionals by collaborating with its members, national partners like the National Hispanic Medical Association and Latino Medical Student Association and federal agencies like the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and Department of Veterans Affairs in various programs like Professional Development Workshop, Student Mentorship Program for Hispanic Health Research (sMPH2r), Hispanic Health Services Research Scholar, and Graduate Fellowship Training Program (GFTP). All of these programs have been critical to achieving our mission.