Institutions seeking to become the HSHPS member must meet the following criteria:
At this time, the HSHPS is not able to consider other health professions schools/colleges into its membership nor Health Science Centers.
- U.S. accredited school/college of: medicine, public health, nursing, pharmacy or dentistry.
Must have demonstrated commitment to increasing the Hispanic health workforce to serve and promote the health of Hispanics.
The HSHPS believes that institutions can demonstrate their commitment to increasing the Hispanic health workforce and advance the health of Hispanics through various mediums. Below is a list of different activities that institutions may include in their membership application form. Please note that the activities are not limited to the below:
- Center of Excellence
- Faculty Development Lectures/Workshop
- Faculty Fellowship/ Training/Research Opportunities
- Faculty Mentorship Program (Formal)
- Student Pipeline Programs Targeting High School
- Student Pipeline Programs Targeting Undergraduates
- Student Pipeline Programs Targeting Graduates
- Student Research/ Internship (Formal)
- Student Mentorship Program (Formal)
- Minority Health Certificate Program
- Minority Health/Social Determinants of Health Course
- Minority Health/Social Determinants of Health Lectures/Events
- Medical/Health Spanish Language Course or Certificate Program
- Institution's Research Portfolio/Funded Grants
- Number of enrolled self identified Hispanic/Latino students for the past academic school year
- Number of tenured track self identified Hispanic/Latino faculty for the past academic school year