Position Title: Assistant, Associate or Full Professor - Health Policy and Management
Job ID: 19599
Compensation: Salary commensurate with education and experience
Closing Date: Open until filled with review of applications to begin on February 1, 2019
Faculty Vacancy Announcement:
The Graduate School of Public Health and Health Policy (SPH) is dedicated to providing cutting edge graduate degree programs and to identifying, designing, implementing and evaluating public health initiatives that contribute to social justice. The mission of the school is to promote innovative public health strategic policies to improve the health of populations. SPH faculty members are recognized leaders in health policy, community health interventions, epidemiology and biostatistics, and public health informatics, among other areas. Faculty and students are actively engaged in promoting healthy cities in a healthy world. The SPH is located in a new vertical campus in the heart of Harlem in New York City.
The Department of Health Policy and Management seeks a tenured or tenure-track faculty member at the Assistant, Associate or Full Professor level in Health Policy to teach and provide strategic leadership in a dynamic and growing school to help shape the future public health policy curriculum, research and practice in New York City and beyond.
The successful candidate will teach graduate courses in health policy, behavior economics, health care innovation, global health or other relevant topics. The new faculty member will work to strengthen graduate-level training programs in public health policy or health care policy, mentor masters and doctoral students and contribute to the School’s vision of social justice. The candidate is also expected to publish high impact research in health policy and related areas, seek and obtain extramural funding with multi-disciplinary research teams and participate in and lead Department, School and University committees and events.
Ph.D., DrPH, or Sc.D. or equivalent degree is required.
A preferred candidate should have:
- Doctorate in public health, health policy, law or related field
- At least 3 years post-doctoral experience
- A vision for policy innovation and social impact
- Demonstrated track record of excellence in teaching graduate-level policy-related courses
- Mentorship of all level graduate students and supervision of doctoral students
- Evidence of independence and autonomy in scholarship
- An outstanding publication record in health policy and allied fields
- Active portfolio of extramurally funded research
- Demonstrated track record and commitment to applied research in communities, workplaces, health departments or other non-academic settings.
How to Apply:
If you are viewing this job posting externally, please apply as follows:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listings"
- Click on "More options to search for CUNY jobs"
- Search by Job Opening ID number 19599
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
Applications, including the following must be uploaded to the CUNYfirst job application website:
(1) Cover Letter
(2) Curriculum Vitae with publication list
(3) Statement of teaching and research interests
(4) Diversity statement describing the candidate’s thoughts on diversity in the classroom and in the workplace
Equal Employment Opportunity:
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Job Search Category:
CUNY Job Posting: Faculty